Cheryllyn Dudley, shares with us, this landmarked Bill, that took 5 years to come into effect. It is a powerful breakthrough for all fathers out there (both natural and adopting). From all SuperDads and SuperDads listeners out there, we salute you. We also highlight why this Bill is even more critical with today’s nnEMF environment and the evolving Dad. Along with her further Bill developments of the future.
More information about your Member of Parliament guest can be found at:
The salient features of the amendment Bill are as follows:
1. Clause 25A(2) sets out when an employee may claim parental leave.
2. Clause 25A(5) authorises the Minister to make regulations to determine the payment parental benefits subject to the UIF Act.
3. Clause 25B(1) provides that an employee may only claim adoption leave for a child below the age of 2.
4. Clause 25B(2) sets out when an employee may claim adoption leave.
5. Clause 25B(5) authorises the Minister to determine the payment of adoption leave subject to the UIF Act.
6. Clause 25C(1) sets out the duration of commissioning parental leave.
7. Clause 25C(2) determines when commissioning parental leave may commence.
8. Clause 25C(5) authorises the Minister to determine the payment of commissioning parental leave subject to the UIF Act.
The paternity amendment can be found in the Labour Laws Bill available for download here.